Re-opening Hawkins Beauty Clinic - what are the changes & why you should feel safe returning to us
Hello lovely ladies and gentlemen. Last week was my final blog, however this week I have some information for you all to read in regards to the re-opening of Hawkins Beauty Clinic.
We are yet to receive a date from the government as to when the beauty sector can re-open their businesses once again, however we would like to give our clients (old and new) an insight into all the changes we have made in preparation for a safe re-opening. This will be a little different but our high standards for treatments will be the same as always.
The last few months have been extremely challenging for us all but together we have adapted, carried on and pushed on forwards. At Hawkins Beauty Clinic we have been working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready for a safe re-opening, including special measures and new ways of working to keep our clients and team members safe.
Your and our staff safety is our top priority, so please see below for all the changes and special measures we have put in place ready to open our doors to you once again.
• APPOINTMENTS - if we had to cancel your original appointment, you will get first dibs on appointments when we re-open. We will work our magic to fit everyone in.
• PLEASE ONLY ENTER THE SALON IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US - we love it when you pop in for a chat but at the moment we must do our best to ensure that you come across as little people as possible when on the premises. Popping in without us knowing could result in contact with another client.
• BUYING PRODUCTS - we are fully stocked up on all your favourites from our leading brands. If you do not have an appointment with us but wish to purchase products, give us a call and we can arrange a time for you to collect them.
• PAYMENT - please pay by card where you can to avoid cash changing hands.
• RIGHT ON TIME - time and space are precious so please arrive on the dot, come alone and travel as light as you can. When you arrive, give us a wave through the window and a member of our team will greet you and ensure it is safe for you to enter. Appointments will be scheduled in a manner that promoted social distancing where possible and allows time to disinfect all areas between appointments, therefore it is extremely important that you arrive on time.
• COME ALONE - please come to the salon unaccompanied (unless there are extenuating circumstances which can be discussed when booking your appointment)
• TRAVEL LIGHT - please avoid bringing unnecessary items into the salon as your personal belonging will not be allowed in to the treatment rooms. Any items you do bring (e.g. bags, coats) will be kept safe at reception.
• COVER UP - face coverings are COMPULSARY. Please wear a face mask when entering the salon and ensure that it fits securely around your ears.
• HYGIENE - our staff is big on hygiene but we have been taking it to the next step by washing and sainting our hands a lot more often. Therefore, please do not be offended when you are asked to wash your hands upon arrival and make good use of our sanitising stations (especially when entering and leaving the salon)
• DO YOUR BIT - please call and cancel your appointment if you, your family or anyone you have been in close contact with develops any of the known COVID symptoms (high temperature, dry and persistent cough, breathing difficulties, loss of taste and/or smell) and social distance where you can.
• NO SHAREABLE ITEMS - unfortunately, we will be unable to provide refreshments and magazines. If you wish to bring your own drink please feel free but please take your rubbish with you.
• WC - please only use our toilet facilities in an emergency, and if you do please ensure you inform a member of staff so that it can be properly sanitised
• SHOE COVERINGS - you may be asked to wear shoe coverings upon arrival to ensure our standards of hygiene are kept at the highest possible level
• STAFF PPE - our team members will be wearing the necessary PPE to keep both you and them safe
• CLEANING - our cleaning is thorough anyway but we are having specialist cleaners clean the salon regularly and cleaning will take place between clients and all contact points such as door handles will be cleaned regularly throughout the day
• RECEPTION - a Perspex screen has been installed at the front desk so that all transactions can be carried out safely
• UNDER CONSTANT REVIEW - we will review our working practices on going and will make changes where necessary
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
• SUPER CAREFUL FOR THE FORESEEABLE - we will continue to follow latest official advice on everything from hygiene to self-isolation to avoid catching or spreading the virus
• EXTRA COVER - you will find us wearing face masks or visors, practicing social distancing where possible and we have installed safety screens where needed too
• SQUEAKY CLEAN - you will also find us adhering to strict hygiene protocols too with well stocked sanitising stations in all the right places. All of our kit and touch points will be freshly sterilised just for you and we will also be deep cleaning regularly
COVID-19 has been declared a global pandemic. We have put in place all of the safety measures we can to help prevent the spread of the virus. It is highly important that all clients acknowledge the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 through undergoing treatments and will be asked to consent to treatments with this knowledge. This will be done in the form of a digital consultation.
We kindly ask you not to book an appointment if:
• you have experienced any cold/flu like symptoms in the last 14 days • you have been in contact with anyone with cold/flu like symptoms in the last 14 days • you have returned from outside of the UK in the last 14 days
We are 100% committed to ensuring the safety of everyone who steps into the salon. So please, when we re-open follow the changes stated above as we will be doing and we look forward to seeing you all very soon.